Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Two Quick Dinners from Wholesome Choice Market


Of my ten-week school quarter, this week 8 has got to be the most busy of them all. I won't bore you with all the details of how many things are still on my to-do list, but with an endless pile of work awaiting me, I didn't even have the capacity to worry about what I should be eating every night for dinner.

With that said, these two nights I have been surviving on the goodness that is Wholesome Choice Market! Last night, on the way back from running errands, I stopped by this market and ordered a meal from their grand food court. Don't be fooled by the fact that it is merely a food court, the selection of cuisines and the quality of food are both top notch. Between Indian, Chinese, Mediterranean, Thai, and Mexican cuisines (I may have missed a few), I chose the lamb shank combo from the Indian cuisine section. Yes, I know you are screaming "YOU SO WOULD!!" at your computer screen right now.

Lamb shank from Wholesome Choice Market.
Anyway, the lamb was amazing (as I expected!). I am very impressed by how generous they are with the portions of food that they sell. Yes, it's a little pricey ($7.99) for takeout food, but it is worth every penny. The lamb was very nicely seasoned with sauce and every bite was succulent and  had me wanting to eat more than I should.

Side of spinach from Wholesome Food Market.
My combo also came with a side of veggies, and I chose my favorite spinach. I'm not sure if it was years of growing up watching episodes of the cartoon Popeye, but spinach has always been my prime choice of greens. It is good in almost every single way you cook it.

So as you may be able to guess, despite my infinite stress, I was able to enjoy an hour each night of pure bliss from dinner. By the way, bonus points for Wholesome Choice for offering student discounts to UCI students! I am definitely going to take full advantage of that...

Wholesome Choice Market

18040 Culver Dr
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 551-4111

No comments:

Post a Comment