Monday, May 9, 2011

Currently Craving: Blue Marlin

What I am having for dinner tonight:


As a poor student, I can't afford to eat out every single meal, so here's a nice pack of leftovers from a few nights ago to mend my starving stomach!

What I wish I was having for dinner tonight:
Sea Urchin Omurice from Blue Marlin.
My sister and I have been frequenting the Blue Marlin restaurant in West Los Angeles recently. I was first introduced to it from my sister, who told me that I had to try it being a lover of sea urchin (or uni). She recommended the sea urchin omurice, which is flavored rice, topped with fluffy omelette and a creamy sauce of sea urchin and mushrooms.

Disregarding my sister's recommendation, the first time that I followed her to Blue Marlin, I actually tried their sea urchin and spinach spaghetti. This dish was very delicious as well (but of course, that is true with most things coupled with sea urchin...). However, if I had to compare the two uni dishes, the spaghetti would rank second, as it lacks that extra melt-in-your-mouth creaminess from the rice dish.

So afterwards, I've returned to ordering the sea urchin omurice since then. It is honestly so delicious, it is worth driving out miles just to taste it! I can say this with confidence, as I am in Orange County most of the week, and driving up to Los Angeles for dinner is no small deal...

And if you go to Blue Marlin for dinner, don't forget to order their dessert! The chocolate souffle is amazing. Even when my sister and I find ourselves very full, we can't help but order the souffle to top it all off. Simply irresistable :)

Well, that's me and my fantasizing. Back to finishing my leftovers I go...

Blue Marlin
2121 Sawtelle Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

No comments:

Post a Comment